Top Packaging Options in 2021
Packaging products is the material used to cover and protect a product or set of products to be transported. It must fulfill the following functions:
- Product protection: The product must be protected and preserve its characteristics and quality while being stowed and transported, allowing them to reach the buyer’s hands in optimal conditions.
- Identification of the merchandise: This refers to all the information required by the authorities that must be visible—for example, physical characteristics, quantities, chemical properties, manufacturer’s data, among others.
- Product storage: Facilitate storage for subsequent use of the products.
- Marketing: In the presentations available to the final consumer, they must have an attractive display.
Packaging is divided into three types:
- Primary: The packaging has direct contact with the container or packaging of the product and, in some cases, directly with the product. It is also the first material that protects the merchandise. Therefore, it is essential that this packaging is attractive to the customer; sometimes, it is the face of the presentation—for example, the toothpaste box.
- Secondary: The next level of packaging is the one that contains the units of the primary packaging. In this case, the purpose is to facilitate the preservation and the handling, and transportation of the products. For example, an intermediate-size box, folding cartons, and corrugated cardboard. It is also the object of marketing because the goods are sold in this presentation.
- Tertiary: Finally, tertiary packaging contains the previous ones. It is responsible for facilitating the handling, storage, and transport of cargo. In this case, it refers to a large box containing the secondary packaging boxes. Therefore, this packaging requires more resistant materials.
On the other hand, interior conditioners for packaging products are protectors and separators made of honeycomb cardboard or foams to reinforce protection against impacts and provide more excellent safety. There is a wide variety, from corner protectors to silhouetted foams depending on the product’s shape. They can be ordered with a specific condition or with standard formats and are applicable in various sectors.
Cardboard, wooden or isothermal boxes
Cardboard boxes are used as primary, secondary, or tertiary packaging and are available in materials adapted to each type of sector or product. In addition, they are a great point of differentiation thanks to the emerging packaging, with which a personalization that attracts the most exquisite customers is achieved.
Cardboard for packaging
Cardboard offers extra shock absorption. Corrugated cardboard is the most commonly used and is very economically priced. It is available in sheets or rolls. It can also be recycled and reused to save costs, contribute to sustainable development and improve the corporate image concerning the environment.
Stretch film is used for palletizing goods and is used by various machines such as stretch wrappers, stretch hooders or shrink ovens. In addition, it is widely used in multiple sectors to protect interests.
Strapping is essential in the strapping process to bind the goods. They can be found in different materials: metal, polyester, and PET, according to the needs of the load. Metal strapping, for example, is used in the transport of heavy goods.
As you can see, there are plenty of different options to think about, but that’s not all. Here is a list of other alternatives that you should also consider.
- Wrapping paper
- Bubble wrap
- Security seals
- Envelopes and mailing tubes
Comments are closed.